- 1 ATV Ramps – How to Select the best ATV Loading Ramps
- 2 The 5 Top ATV Loading Ramps You Can Get Today
- 3 1. YAHEETECH Two 7.5 feet aluminum ATV ramps
- 4 2. Titan Ramps 10″ Long Aluminium Folding Arch ATV Ramps
- 5 3. Yutrax 78-inch Trifold XL Aluminum Loading Ramps
- 6 4. The Black Widow-style Aluminum Extra-Wide Trifold ATV Ramp
- 7 5. Rage Powersports Black Widow AFL-9012-2 Aluminum 7’6 arched ATV Ramp
- 8 6. Haul-Master 1,500 Lb. Capacity Tri-Fold Aluminum Ramp for Loading
- 9 Extra Tip: Tips on How To Choose the right ATV Ramp Size
- 10 Conclusion – 6 Top loading ramps for your ATV
- 11 1. How long should ATV ramps be?
- 12 2. How long should loading ramps be?
- 13 3. How long should my trailer ramps be?
- 14 4. What is the recommended gradient for a ramp slope?
- 15 5. How long does a ramp need to be for 4 steps?
ATV Ramps: ATVs aren’t just an enjoyable pastime, they’re an essential piece of equipment like an outdoor off-roading enthusiast.
There is nothing like riding on rugged trails in the sun on a day. But what happens that you arrive back at your vehicle in the pouring rain and try to set up your ramps for ATVs, and it’s just a nightmare?
You require a stable and safe ATV loading ramp. However, there are so many options that it’s difficult to select the correct one.
In this article, I’ll list the top 6 ATV Ramps to load your ATV, with features along with the specs and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
The top 6 ATV ramps are:
- yaheetech The pair 7.5 feet aluminum loading ramps (Our Top Choice! ) (View the item on Amazon)
- Titan Ramps 10″ Long The Folding Aluminum Arch ATV Ramps
- Yutrax aluminum 78″ Tri-Fold Ramps for Loading
- The Black Widow-Plate Style Aluminium Extreme-Wide Trifold ATV Ramp
- Rage Powersports Black Widow AFL-9012-2 Aluminum 7’6 arched ramp for ATVs
- Haul-Master 1,500 Lb. capacity Tri-fold Aluminum loading ramp
What are you looking for from the most effective ATV ramps for trucks? The first step is to consider the main factors that make an ideal loading ramp.
In the next section, we’ll look at the most popular ATV loading ramps that will ease your burden and make your ride enjoyable.
ATV loading ramps are an important component of your kit, should be simple to use suitable for your ATV, and come with a fair price. Also, you should consider the reason you’re purchasing the ramp:
Is it your first ATV ramp, or do you need to replace it? Perhaps the ramp you’re buying is an upgrade and wish to improve on style, weight, etc. Let’s take a review of the best way to go and what you should be looking for in 2020.
ATV Ramps – How to Select the best ATV Loading Ramps
Finding the ideal ramp for your ATV is simple, provided you understand the primary criteria. Here’s what you’ll need to consider before you make your decision:
- The capacity of Carrying The capacity of the HTML0 carrying capacity goes with the vehicle you are driving.
- Make sure you check the capacity of every one of the ramps that are rated the highest below and compare it to what you think is the weight that your vehicle is carrying.
- Weight The weight is not only your ATV big enough but, yet, you don’t want to be battling with ramps that weigh a lot too. The best solution is to search for ramps for loading made of aluminum that can be light but sturdy enough to meet your requirements.
- Dimensions of HTML0 – This depends on the model of your ATV and the truck you are driving. How long do you require ramps? There are a variety of options available for folding ATV ramps that will help you save space in your vehicle however, you should take into consideration how easy they’ll be to operate.
- Choosing the correct size ramp for your ATV can be a bit difficult We’ll take an overview of this in the next section.
- Price This is not to suggest that an expensive price is superior but be aware that premium sturdy, long-lasting, aluminum ramps for loading will not be at a bargain. There are many alternatives to balance price and quality but as we’ll discover in the coming days.
The 5 Top ATV Loading Ramps You Can Get Today
Without further delay, we’ll review the top ATV truck ramps that you can purchase on the market.
1. YAHEETECH Two 7.5 feet aluminum ATV ramps
With a weight capacity that is 1500lbs The YAHEETECH pair, 7.5 feet aluminum truck ramps are perfect for vehicles with four wheels such as lawnmowers, dirt bikes, and motorbikes. They measure 89.3 inches in length, as well as 11.6 wide.
The ramps made of aluminum have the protection of a design that lessens the amount of abrasion that occurs between your ride along the ramp.
Three caps are located on the end of the ramp that prevents it from sliding. This makes it more comfortable and safe to load.
The ramps are equipped with the fingers of rubber and safety straps. The straps for safety are heavy-duty and hold the ramps securely attached to the tailgate for easy loading.
- Priced reasonably and has outstanding functionality
- It can be used with a variety of vehicles, such as ATVs, UTVs, dirt bikes trailers, motorcycles, garden tractors, and more.
- Simple to utilize
- The sharp edges can make it hard to transport. Wear gloves while handling.
2. Titan Ramps 10″ Long Aluminium Folding Arch ATV Ramps
The Titan Folding Aluminum Arch ATV Ramps (view on Amazon) make great ramps for loading your ATV, and this isn’t a different case.
They are able to hold 1,200 lbs. They also include safety straps making sure your ATV stays in the right position when you drive.
The ramps fold up and come with the additional advantage of not taking up an enormous amount of space inside your vehicle. They weigh only 45 pounds on their own and are easy to transport and operate.
For loading anything from lawnmowers to fun 4 wheelers, these ramps are great value for money and extremely sturdy.
- It is sturdy and can be used with many kinds of vehicle
- Long ramps are ideal to get the optimal angle while loading the truck
- It’s light and stylish, but also very lightweight.
- The length is slightly longer than other models, which means they bend and shake more than the others.
- Limited to 1,500 lbs of weight
- Some edges are sharp, therefore we suggest wearing gloves to ensure your hands are safe
3. Yutrax 78-inch Trifold XL Aluminum Loading Ramps
Another ATV ramp set that folds The Yutrax aluminum loading ramps (view at Amazon) Each ramp is 78 inches long inches and has a wideness that is 50” that can be folded into 17.5,” which makes it easy to move (although you’ll still require an extended trailer or trunk).
They are extremely robust to bend and come with robust hinges and joints that are welded instead of riveted. They can hold up 1,750 pounds, and come in a length of 70 inches as an alternative. They’re best suited to larger vehicles.
- Highly durable – customers claim to be capable of loading and unloading easily 20-40 times per day without any issues
- Simple to manage
- The weight is light and compact for the dimensions.
- Large width ideal for wider ATVs
- Be aware of the dimensions – The 70” version is only counting the supports but is the c. 65” on the ramp. This can cause the loading angle to be quite steep.
- Not suitable for snowmobiles.
- Be aware of gaps that are large if you drive a smaller vehicle.
4. The Black Widow-style Aluminum Extra-Wide Trifold ATV Ramp
Its Black Window heavy-duty aluminum tri-fold ramp (view on Amazon) is quite unique in style and function.
It is able to load massive vehicles that weigh up to 1,500lbs. But the total weight of the ramp for aluminum ATV is only 60 pounds. It’s therefore not the tiniest.
What’s unique with this Black Widow loading ramp is its solid surface punch hole that provides you with added traction you need and allows for being used on small-wheeled cars without issue.
Then, it folds extremely compactly – just 5-5/8” tall and 18” in width.
- Excellent traction and durability for your ATV while loading
- The gloves are coated with rubber to grasp the tailgates and bed of the trailer
- Folds down extremely small
- Extremely heavy when compared to rivals
- Relatively short
5. Rage Powersports Black Widow AFL-9012-2 Aluminum 7’6 arched ATV Ramp
The Rage Powersports arched ramps for ATVs (view the ramps on Amazon) are extremely light ramps that fold easily and be placed under the ATV or behind in your pickup’s seat.
They are rated with the weight capacity of 750 lbs however some have stated that they are robust even with the weight of 1000 pounds.
The aluminum construction of their ATV ensures that you can are able to load your ATV safely and safely.
It has rungs with serrated edges for better traction in bad conditions like rain, mud, and snow. It also has two safety straps that are adjustable for securing the ramps of the vehicle.
- Lightweight Easy to carry, easy to transport, and fold
- Simple to store
- Stable and good traction in the worst conditions
- Many have said that their straps did not help in any way, so they required the purchase of the ratchet straps.
6. Haul-Master 1,500 Lb. Capacity Tri-Fold Aluminum Ramp for Loading
In its role as the most popular among Harbor Freight Ramps, the Haul-Master Aluminum Loading Ramp (view on Amazon) is long considered to be the top of but it’s found it being beaten by the other ramps that we’ve reviewed.
This is a robust structure that comes with safety chains and folds down to 14 inches wide. It’s not particularly tall at 69”, however, it’s lighter than other ramps available (33 pounds. only).
- Folds down compactly
- Strong and durable
- Secured with safety chain to prevent loading
- Wide gaps
- Not particularly long
Extra Tip: Tips on How To Choose the right ATV Ramp Size
As we mentioned above the process of determining your ATV’s ramp’s size isn’t an easy job. It is important to think about:
- Wheelbase i.e. that horizontal distance between a front wheel to the back wheel
- Ground clearance The length that lies between the bottom of your ATV (excluding tires and wheels) and the ground
- Loading height or rise The length of the distance from the floor to the top point of the trailer or truck that you intend to load your ATV onto.
If you are able to figure it out yourself here’s the formula for working out the dimensions:
Rise/ (Ground Clearance ) / (Wheelbase + 0.5) (x 0.5)) = Results
Discount Ramps offer a simple calculation tool right here.
Conclusion – 6 Top loading ramps for your ATV
So, which are the top ATV ramps to load your ATV? In summary the list, here’s it again:
- yaheetech A Pair of 7.5 Foot Aluminum Ramps for ATVs (Our Top Choice! ) (View at Amazon)
- Titan Ramps 10″ Long The Folding Aluminum Arch ATV Ramps
- Yutrax aluminum 78″ Tri-Fold Ramps for Loading
- Style Black Widow Aluminium Extended-Wide Tri-Fold Ramp for ATV
- Rage Powersports Black Widow AFL-9012-2 Aluminum 7’6 ATV Ramp with arched design
- Haul-Master 1,500 Lb. Capacity Aluminum Ramp for Loading
As you’ve noticed the numerous ramps for ATV loading. It all depends on your requirements and achieving the perfect price-quality ratio. Our picks for the best six ATV ramps available Enjoy your rides!
1. How long should ATV ramps be?
A. This is dependent on the vehicle’s height. In general, ramps that are longer are preferred. A ramp of 7 and 9 feet generally is sufficient for most cars.
2. How long should loading ramps be?
In general, loading ramps be between 20 to 30 feet long without excluding the length of the level platform or level off. The platform can range from 6 to 15 feet, making the total length of the ramp as long as 45 feet. The length that is required of loading ramps will differ depending on the job and industries it will be employed in.
3. How long should my trailer ramps be?
The length of a ramp for a trailer can range between up to 130 inches but it’s ultimately the measurements of your trailer’s door and the angle of approach that determine the type of ramp that you require to accommodate your vehicle.
4. What is the recommended gradient for a ramp slope?
Ramp design, the maximum recommended ramp slope is 1:20 However, * higher gradients as high as 1:10 are possible over shorter distances. The suggested minimum width for ramps that can accommodate all kinds of and capabilities of users is 1200mm.
5. How long does a ramp need to be for 4 steps?
For commercial use that is occupied for commercial use, for commercial use, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) suggests a slope of 1:12. It means everyone” of the vertical rise needs at least 1′ (12″) of ramp length.