- 1 About Coleman CT200U Mini Bike
- 2 Coleman CT200U Specs & Features Engine
- 3 Drivetrain
- 4 Ignition
- 5 Brakes and Tires
- 6 Suspension
- 7 Dimensions
- 8 Exterior
- 9 Coleman Mini Bike CT200U Price
- 10 Con and Pros of the Coleman CT200U
- 11 Pros:
- 12 Cons:
- 13 Making the CT200U more efficient
- 14 Kits for TAV
- 15 About Hisun
- 16 Conclusion – Coleman CT200U Review
- 17 How fast does a Coleman CT200U mini bike go?
- 18 Is the Coleman CT200U worth it?
- 19 How fast does the Coleman 196cc mini bike go?
- 20 Can adults ride mini bikes?
- 21 Are Coleman mini bikes automatic?
- 22 How much HP does a Coleman mini bike have?
- 23 Is the Coleman mini bike street legal?
- 24 Are mini bikes street legal?
- 25 What is the fastest mini bike?
- 26 What kind of gas does a Coleman mini bike take?
- 27 Who makes Coleman side by sides?
- 28 Where are Coleman outboards made?
- 29 Do I need to register my Coleman mini bike?
- 30 Does Honda still make mini bikes?
- 31 How fast will a Coleman CT200U go without governor?
- 32 How much horsepower does a Coleman mini bike have?
- 33 Coleman CT200U Mini Bike FAQ
- 34 1. Is the Coleman CT200U worth it?
- 35 2. Are Coleman mini bikes for adults?
- 36 3. What kind of gas does a Coleman CT200U take?
- 37 4. What kind of gas does a Coleman mini bike take?
- 38 5. How much does a Coleman CT200U cost?
Coleman CT200U Mini Bike: One of the Chinese-made mini bikes that have been able to successfully enter market share in the North American market is the Coleman CT200U.
It is simple but sturdy This wheeler reminds riders of the old-fashioned days of off-roading, and the thrill that comes from the simplicity of a pure-fun mini bike. Learn more about the CT200U by reading this article.
The CT200U from Coleman is one of the most popular choices when searching for a trustworthy off-roading mini bike.
With a modern, sleek style, 196-cc gas-fed power mill, and tough robust frame This classic bike will give you hours of pleasure in the countryside or local dirt tracks or trails that are wooded.
From specs to advice for how to boost the top speed and fix clutch problems, this guide will give you the essential details about extremely powerful mini bikes in the marketplace today.
About Coleman CT200U Mini Bike
The Coleman CT200U and CT200U EX two-wheelers come from China and are pocket bikes by a company that has been on since the North American market since 2014.
A high-performance miniature model of a motorbike The CT200U series is great for training uphill and provides intermediate and novice riders the thrill of outdoor fun.
Owners and users alike believe that the mini bike can be an affordable alternative to more expensive and more well-known brands such as Massimo or Mega Modo or mainstream brands such as”Japanese Big Three. “Japanese Big Three.”
Coleman CT200U and CT200U models are slightly different in appearance and the accompanying Coleman CT200U components. While the CT200U model in its standard form appears stark and unadorned The CT200U EX appears more like a street-legal motorcycle – sporting the headlight, a Harley-Davidson-style fuel tank, camouflaged front shocks, fenders with only a rear rack.
These seemingly insignificant enhancements have greatly improved the performance and performance of this bike.
But the drawback to the more refined appearance is that it does appear to be much different than its rivals which are similar to the Mega Modo and TrailMaster MB200-2. With the plethora of Chinese-made competitors, it would be expected that the brand’s branding would have had more weight.
Coleman CT200U Specs & Features Engine
Contrary to its rivals and other models, the Coleman CT200U utilizes an Hisun engine (not the engine from the Honda-clone engine).
However, that’s not meant to say that aftermarket models aren’t able to replace the engine. The most sought-after option for building projects is the 221cc Tillotson Pull-Start engine (view at Amazon) and a Predator Hemi engine with a MicroBurst Nitrous Oxide Injection Kit (view on Amazon).
Additionally, this CT200U mini bike is able to provide more power in the lower rev ranges when compared to the competition. The 11. Nm (1.12 km or 8.11 feet-lbs) rated output is the reason for the CT200U’s increased fuel efficiency.
|Engine Type||4-Stroke, OHV|
|Carburetion System||Carburetion, HUAYI P19 Rated carb Carburetion, KURUIDI carb – CT200U-EX|
|Engine Cooling||Air cooling|
|Engine Fuel||Unleaded gasoline of PON 86/RON 90, < 5% MTBE, < 10% ethanol, or < 5% methanol; E15/E20/E85 fuels are prohibited|
|Fuel Capacity||0.95 US gal; 1.1 US gal – later-year models|
|Bore x Stroke Ratio||68×54 mm (2.68×2.13 in)|
|Valve Clearance (Int/Ex)||0.10 ± 0.15 mm / 0.15 ± 0.20 mm|
|Displacement||196cm³ / 11.96in³|
|Horsepower||6 hp @ 3,600 RPM|
|Rated Torque||11 Nm (1.12 kgf-m, 8.11 ft-lb) @ 2,500 RPM|
|Top Speed||20 – 25 mph – advertised 42 mph (67 km/h) – owner’s claim|
|Engine Oil & Quantity||0.63 US quart SAE 10W-30, SJ or higher API grade
Alternatives: SAE 10W-40, 15W-40, 20W-50 based on ambient temp
Tips: The engine of this bike is extremely delicate. When washing the minibike, make sure to do it with care and keep the water from the air intake as well as the exhaust outlet.
Make sure to use water that is low pressure. In the event that water is not used, it could get into the engine, causing damage to the engine’s components.
The Mini Bike CT200U from Coleman has similar components of the drivetrain as the TrailMaster MB200-2 (except for the torque converter). The sprockets on the front and rear are also engineered for acceleration, not the top speed.
The advertised CT200U top speed is 4mph slower than the CT200U’s counterpart however, there’s no official review that confirms both cars the 0-60 time to prove the speed difference.
|Sprocket||(50T rear sprocket, 20T front sprocket)|
|Final Drive||Chain drive, 420 O-ring chains (slack: 15 – 20 mm (1/2 – 3/4 in)|
The change in gearing can increase the top speed of this wheeler and acceleration. You’ll be amazed at the speed it can achieve. 49 mph on the hill.
It is equipped with a retract pull starter (no batteries) along with TCI. The flywheel is used as a charging mechanism and is the power source for the headlights on CT200U-EX models.
If you’re interested in converting the dirt bike to having dimmable lighting as well as an ignition that is electronic, purchase a 12-volt 4Ah/(10 Hours) maintenance-free YB4L-A or YB4L-B batteries (view the battery on Amazon) with a dimension of 120 x 70x 92 millimeters (4.75 x 2.75 3.62 inches). 3.62 in.).
|Ignition||Transistor Controlled Igniter (TCI)|
|Starting System||Recoil pull start|
|Idle Speed||1700 ± 150 RPM|
|Spark Plug||LD – F7TC or CHDY- F7TC, 0.6-0.8 mm (0.024-0.032 in) gap
Torque: 1/2 turn past finger tight (new); 1/8 turn past finger tight (old)
|Battery (Optional)||12V 4Ah/(10 Hr), YB4L-A, or YB4L-B battery|
|Battery Dimensions||4.75 x 2.75 x 3.62 in|
Brakes and Tires
One of the things this bike could still enhance is the brake system. Although the drum brakes are sealed and fit well with their traditional design, however, they’re not as effective as the braking power that hydraulic discs offer.
All-terrain tires from the stock are good but they are best substituted by Kenda Pathfinder K530 Tires (view on Amazon) for Baja-specific applications. Similar-sized Carlisle as well as AlveyTech knobbies are great alternatives but are generally unavailable, which makes them difficult to find.
|Front Tire||Low-pressure AT19 x 7-8|
|Off-road/road air pressure (F/R)||69 ± 3.5 kPa (0.70 kg-cm2, 10 psi ± .5 psi)|
|Tread Limit (F/R)||4 mm (0.16 in)|
|Front Brake Type||N/A|
|Rear Brake Type||Sealed drum|
Low-pressure tires function as the two-wheeler’s suspension and contribute to the stability and smoothness of riding on a variety of terrain.
This is a perfect fit for the CT200U’s off-roading characteristics however, it’s a significant aspect that could be improved for the compact bike.
Thankfully, the company upgraded the suspension of the Coleman CT200U by combining the wheel-and-tire system using front-fork suspension shocks.
|Ground Clearance||165 mm (6.5 in) 140 mm (5.5 in) – CT200U-EX|
|Wheelbase||1,050 mm (42 in)|
|Turning Radius||0.91 m (3 ft)|
|Front Suspension Type||Low-pressure tires Shocks & low-pressure tires – CT200U-EX|
|Rear Suspension Type|
In terms of the overall dimensions are concerned the model is slightly smaller in length, but it is wider than the TrailMaster M200-2.
However, it is notable that the older models have a greater capacity for weight, compared to the MB200-2. In addition, it comes with the highest seat height as well. Its Coleman CT200U EX is predicted to weigh more than the standard model, as it has an LED light for the head (in addition to the rear rack).
In addition to the vehicle’s weight, capacity to the payload, and fuel capacity, its GVWR is expected to be about 165 kilos (363.8 pounds).
|Length||1,450 mm (57 in)|
|Width||960 mm (38 in)|
|Height||680 mm (26.5in)|
|Seat Height (Unloaded)||965 mm (38 in)|
|Dry Weight||55 Kg (121 lbs); 60.8 Kg (134 lbs)|
|Maximum Weight Limit||91 Kg (200 lbs); 100 Kg (220 lbs) – later-year models|
The first CT200U model featured a minimalistic, retro style inspired by the 40s and 60s and featured smaller rear and front racks.
In contrast, the CT200U version kept the rear rack, however, it was replaced with a headlight from Coleman CT200U that resembles that of the class 200 TrailMaster.
The only difference lies in the cover of the fuel tank and chain guard that were camouflaged. Overall the Coleman bikes gave customers more colors than the competitors.
|Front/Rear Fender Flares||Standard|
|Emergency Off Switch||Standard|
Coleman Mini Bike CT200U Price
The MSRP for this 196cm3 pocket bike ranges from $499 between $799 and $499 (note that these prices don’t include shipping or destination charges, as well as any other charges that are not included).
There are online sellers who offer it at $549. Auction listings are pretty close to the initial cost of the bike. Sites like Motorsportsuniverse.com sell secondhand units from $461 to $588.
When looking for the most affordable bargains, make sure not to purchase the Coleman CT100 Trail 98-cc Bicycle, since it appears identical to the 196-cc model.
Con and Pros of the Coleman CT200U
In the absence of comparison to competitors Let’s discuss the benefits and drawbacks of owning a mini Coleman CT200U bike:
- The pocket bike’s practical and compact design provides it with an elegant, clean design.
- Its powerful 196cc engine adds its speed and capability and it competes head-to-head against larger go-karts.
- The mini bike can be assembled in a matter of minutes even for novice motorcyclists – it is fully assembled in the box.
- It’s great for terrains with muddy or hilly areas or other rough terrains.
- Cleaning the fuel and engine system components is easy thanks to the minibike’s wide chassis.
- Safety features like the large-sized seat and speed regulator make the two-wheeler both beginner and child-friendly.
- Comparatively, with the TrailMaster MB200-2, the Coleman CT200U EX comes with both rear and front racks. It offers twice the capacity for carrying essentials.
- Its excellent acceleration with low RPM is the best in its class which makes it a great choice for dirt bikes to glide over rough and uneven surfaces.
- Transport and storage are simple since the bike isn’t taking up much space and fits perfectly on the rear of your big pickup truck.
- The cost of the minibike from Coleman CT200U is $400 less than similar-category two-wheelers.
- The CT200 doesn’t have front brakes. It has one hand-operated rear brake.
- Clutch problems are commonplace in this model. The problem is that the issue is often accompanied by engine noises (squealing for example) when the wheel is moving.
- The chain on the bike can also be separated from the wheel when driving at high speeds.
- The earlier models didn’t have any suspension. This dampens the quality of ride of the bike.
- Trail bikes are energy-efficient however it does not come with the motorized reverse which makes it difficult for newbies to pull themselves out of tricky situations.
- Sealed drum brakes give the CT200U the stopping power, but aren’t as effective as discs made of hydraulics.
- Although the bike is robust and boasts high performance the experience of veterans does not suggest it for road use in public.
In the end, it’s dependent on you and your state’s guidelines to decide if the CT200U is suitable for the road.
However, keep in mind that there’s more to this bike than just the required indicators, horns, and rearview mirrors to transform it into a vehicle suitable for the road.
It is likely that you will have to pay out of your pockets to convert this classic to street-legal condition, but that’s not a bad thing. You could save those extra 100 dollars to buy a factory-assembled street-legal motorcycle.
Making the CT200U more efficient
In its stock version, the Mini Bike from Coleman CT200U looks like a good choice and provides a pleasurable riding experience.
However, if you’re looking to make this tinier trail bike more efficient there are a few ideas:
- TAV1/TAV2 (or the Torq-AVerter) Torque Converter Kit (view on Amazon) This kit is compatible with 3-to-8-hp motors with either a 1-inch or 3/4-inch crankshaft (the Coleman CT200U comes with the 6.5-hp engine, which makes the kit perfect for it). Kits come with two options which include a sprocket with a diameter of 12T and a 35# chain or a 10T sprocket/40/41number, and 420 chains.
- You receive the TAV1 kit with a 3/4-inch bore and the TAV2 kit that is for a 1-inch bore. (Price starts at $195.)
- Stage 1 or Stage 2 Kit can give you an extra boost in performance, even if you choose to use the mini-bike’s speed control. The Stage 1 Kit will easily switch to a Predator 212cc Hemi in the event that you decide to do so.
- Replace the springs in your valves with genuine Comet springs that are compatible with the components included in the TAV kit.
- A lesser-known, but equally effective top-end modifications include non-Hemi Predator hot rods, billet flywheels sophisticated timing technology, high-flow filters, and valve springs that weigh 22 pounds.
- Alongside a clutch overhaul, switch gears according to your preferred top-end speed and RPMs. Get high-speed jets. Do some head porting/polishing, then take out the speed regulator.
- The correct selection of tires that are taller will increase the speed of your bike however it could hinder the acceleration.
Kits for TAV
The crankshaft will differ according to whether you own CT200U that is the normal CT200U as well as the camo CT200U.
The former has a 3/4-inch crankshaft and is ready for TAV. In contrast, the latter comes with a 5/8-inch crankshaft and is still required to be converted into 1-inch or 3/4-inch cranks before it can be equipped with the TAV1 or TAV2 kit.
In addition, the clutches used for the cranks that are 3/4-inches are equipped with bushings, whereas 5/8-inch ones come with needle bearings that are caged. According to those who have made modifications to the bicycle, bearings function better.
Usually, TAV kits already include the following items:
- A cast-aluminum mount plate with an integrated 5/8-inch OD Jackshaft
- 30-series driver clutch
- An asymmetric belt, a 30-series driven pulley Asymmetric belt Jackshaft sprocket
- Clutch cover
It includes all the components that you need to make an upgrade of the CT200U clutch by Coleman. Some torque converters are symmetrical, but.
However, expert experts in the field of pocket bikes strongly recommend this converter model because it ensures an accurate final drive train alignment so that it is located on the same side as the CT200U or CT200U-EX, which is the PTO, also known as Power Take-Off.
Hisun Motors Corp. USA (a subsidiary of HISUN Motors, a.k.a. Chongqing Huansong Industrial Group Co. Ltd.) is the creator of Coleman’s CT200U as well as CT200U-EX compact bikes.
Established in 1988, this Chinese manufacturer started by providing spare parts for motorcycles in small garages before becoming the sixth-largest UTV manufacturer across North America.
Through the years it has developed its product range to include motorized bicycles such as well V-Twin and 4-stroke power mills as well as utility quads.
Hisun Motors manufactures all its products at its modern 7.1-million square feet facility located in Chongqing, China, and 300,000 square feet of office space located in McKinney, Texas.
Conclusion – Coleman CT200U Review
The Coleman CT200U might not be the top choice for everyone’s pocket bike. However, over time it has slowly but surely been on the consumer’s attention.
Although it’s designed for teens, its potential appeals to experienced, adult riders. With its minimalist style, that convertible engine, and simple features, what’s not to love?
In the end, the retro-style motorcycle is affordable and reliable. It’s an excellent small wheeler.
It’s a top-quality product from Hisun that will draw the attention of avid off-roaders and those who enjoy riding recreationally.
How fast does a Coleman CT200U mini bike go?
The CT100U Mini Bike can go up to 28 MPH & the CT200U Mini Bike can go up to 23 MPH. The reason is that the CT200U Mini Bike utilizes an X-Shaft setup to drive its gears and has gearing that is much lower, which is the reason it has lower top speeds. 10 out of 10 people found this helpful.
Is the Coleman CT200U worth it?
The CT200U from Coleman is among the most popular models searching for a sturdy off-road miniature bike. With a modern, sleek design and a 196-cc gas-fed powerful and sturdy robust frame, the classic pocket bike can give you endless fun at the ranch or local dirt tracks or wooded trails.
How fast does the Coleman 196cc mini bike go?
How fast is 196cc the mph range? The MB200 is the best mini-bike available today, with a high-quality design and a simple to use. Bring your adventures to life by accelerating up to 24 miles per hour! The powerful 196cc air-cooled four-stroke engine is more potent than any minibike available!
Can adults ride mini bikes?
Adults can use minibikes. However, you’ll want to ensure that you’re riding a bicycle appropriate for the weight you are carrying and your size. Be sure you’re riding a bike suitable for the terrain in which it will be used frequently.
Are Coleman mini bikes automatic?
The mini bike comes with a centrifugal gearbox that, when the engine speeds up, is engaging, and the motorcycle then moves forward. It is an automatic transmission.
How much HP does a Coleman mini bike have?
Powerful and efficient: The OHV 4 stroke 1 Cylinder engine, with 196ccand 6.5HP, will keep you going throughout the day, with plenty of power yet still fuel-efficient. Maximum speed: 20 mph.
Is the Coleman mini bike street legal?
Additionally, because pocket bikes typically aren’t registered or insured, that alone means they are not legal to use on public roads across various states. For instance, within California as well as Texas, the operation of mini-motorcycles and pocket-bikes is prohibited on all streets that are public as well as on sidewalks and trails.
Are mini bikes street legal?
While minibikes can be a lot of enjoyable for riders, many are not permitted to be ridden on the streets. To be considered legal, the mini bike has to be equipped with certain features specified by the Department of Motor Vehicles. After adjusting to the minibike, you can bring it into DMV to determine whether it can pass the examination.
What is the fastest mini bike?
If you’re looking for the most powerful production superbike you can afford, then the X18R-R ( Race Edition ) is the bike for you! The bike is powered by a newly tuned and modified Honda(r)-Based 110cc 4-Stroke engine; this machine can hit the highest RPMs in just two ticks.
What kind of gas does a Coleman mini bike take?
Regular unleaded gasoline
Mini Bike requires clean regular gasoline unleaded and has at least an octane rating of 86 or more. Fill the tank with gasoline to the point of the neck of the filler.
Who makes Coleman side by sides?
Hisun Motors Corp. USA
Hisun Motors Corp. USA is the producer of Coleman 550 UTV. The Chinese-based company has been ranked sixth in the rankings of the top UTV makers within North America.
Where are Coleman outboards made?
The Coleman 2.6 is produced from China, but it’s made to different standards from the 3.5 HP two-stroke motors.
Do I need to register my Coleman mini bike?
If you live in California, you don’t require a specific license for motorcycles and DMV authorization for motorbikes or motorized bicycles.
Does Honda still make mini bikes?
This 2019 Honda Cub has all the iconic features of the original model, including the head-turning style and a spirited attitude, which is paired with modern technological advancements that keep your safety on the roads. When you first step onto the Honda Mini Motorcycle, you’ll know why it’s a top option for many riders.
How fast will a Coleman CT200U go without governor?
Coleman CT200U highest speed with no governor
The governor in the engine restricts the engine’s performance to 3600 rpm maximum. If you take out the governor, your engine will potentially reach 4500-5000 rpm. The governor’s removal can result in your Coleman CT200U’s maximum speed of 30 miles per hour (give a couple of percents depending on the weight you are carrying).
How much horsepower does a Coleman mini bike have?
Powerful and efficient: The OHV 4 stroke one-cylinder engine with 196ccand 6.5HP will keep you going all day long with plenty of power while being fuel-efficient. Max Speed 20 mph. Easy and smooth Easy pull-start operation makes this the perfect trail bike for anyone who rides.
Coleman CT200U Mini Bike FAQ
1. Is the Coleman CT200U worth it?
The CT200U from Coleman is one of the top choices for those looking for an efficient off-roading mini bike. With a modern, sleek style, 196-cc gas-fed power mill, and sturdy robust frame the classic bike will give you hours of pleasure in the countryside or local dirt tracks or trails that are wooded.
2. Are Coleman mini bikes for adults?
Mini-bikes are accessible to all ages of riders. Adults and children alike might consider getting a mini bike to experience the thrills. If the rider’s age falls between 10 and 13 years old then a 100cc Coleman mini bike will give the best results.
3. What kind of gas does a Coleman CT200U take?
Don’t use gasoline that contains led within this item. It could impact the engine’s emissions, and even damage the engine. Mini Bike requires clean regular gasoline, unleaded, with an octane level of 86 or more.
4. What kind of gas does a Coleman mini bike take?
It may influence the emission of the engine or harm the engine. Mini Bike requires clean regular gasoline that is unleaded and has an octane level of 86 or greater.
5. How much does a Coleman CT200U cost?
The Coleman CT200U Mini Bike – $599 USD.