- 1 Honda Recon 250 Specs
- 2 Honda Recon 250 Dimensions
- 3 Honda Recon 250 Weight
- 4 Innovations With the Latest Models
- 5 Honda Recon 250 Tires and Racks
- 6 How to Make a Honda Recon 250 Faster?
- 7 Tires
- 8 Rev Limiter
- 9 Honda Recon 250 accessories
- 10 Conclusion – Honda Recon Top Speed
- 11 How fast does a recon 250 go?
- 12 Is a Honda TRX 250 a 4-stroke?
- 13 Honda Recon 250 FAQ
- 14 1. Is it a Honda Recon 250 4×4?
- 15 2. What years did they make the Honda Recon 250?
- 16 3. Is it a Honda FourTrax 250 4×4?
- 17 5. What does ES mean on Honda ATV?
- 18 6. What is a Honda Rincon?
- 19 7. Is it a Honda FourTrax 250 4X4?
Honda Recon 250: There’s nothing like the experience of taking in your Honda Recon through challenging terrain such as thick trails, muddy, and rough roads, and enjoying the fresh, crisp air.
With the Honda Recon250, you’ll be speeding at speeds that you never imagined before. You may be wondering just how fast you can travel.
What is the Honda Recon 250’s maximum speed? The top speed of the Honda Recon 250 is 45 miles per hour. This tough and durable machine can get you where you want to go and is an ideal vehicle for those who love to go out and explore.
Although the maximum speed is 45 mph there have been reports of a little more, for example, 47, 46, and even maximum speeds of up to 50mph.
If you maintain it properly, Your Honda Recon should be smooth to drive and could even surpass the 45-mph threshold.
What makes this beast of a machine perform the way it does? To answer this question, we’ll need to go further into the details to discover what causes this machine to achieve its maximum speed.
Let’s dive into the details and discover more about the specifications that make this an absolutely excellent ATV.
Honda Recon 250 Specs
- TRX250 TE/TM – Honda Recon models identify by two-letter codes which indicate the type of two-wheeler it’s a part of and what transmission it comes with.
- If the ATV is fitted with a TM number to it, it indicates that it’s a dual-wheel drive with a manual shift and the TE code indicates that it’s on an electric shift.
- Engine Honda Recon 250 runs on an air-cooled OHV 229cc one-cylinder, four-stroke engine that is mounted longitudinally that delivers power in a small size. The induction features a 22mm carburetor (view on Amazon) and the stroke and bore measure 68.5mm in size. 62.2mm.
- The starter is fast and simple, powered by the ability to recoil with an auxiliary, and a click of one key is all that you require to start your next adventure.
- Transmission Also, it has an automatic clutch that has five speeds, and also comes with a reverse feature that permits for rapid and simple changes as you move through your path.
- Driveline The direct rear driveshaft assists in bringing the power of the engine into the wheels, and then propel you towards the destination you want to go.
- Suspension It is possible to have an extremely comfortable ride when using the front suspension it is an independent double-wishbone that gives 5.1 inches of movement.
- The back suspension has a swing arm that has one shock and gives 4.9 inches of movement. This makes it possible for some significant maneuvers while walking around in the wild wilderness.
- Brakes Safety is considered when using Front Brakes, which use two-sealed hydraulic drums, as well as rear breaks, and one closed mechanical drum. Make sure you can turn and stop easily with these sets of brakes.
Honda Recon 250 Dimensions
- Honda Recon 250 Honda Recon 250 has a length of 75 inches and a width is 40.7 inches, which makes it less bulky than rivals without compromising its performance.
- Honda Recons Honda Recons wheelbase measurement is 44.5 inches, which helps to maintain the strength of the.
- A height of 31.2 inches lets you look ahead and to the sides.
- The 6 inches lets you navigate through the toughest terrain.
- The turning circle which is 8.5 feet is easy to control and maneuver.
Honda Recon 250 Weight
The manual-shift Honda Recon 250 complete with all of the standard equipment and fluids, which includes a full tank of gas, comes with an estimated curb weight of 434 pounds. A shifter that is an electric Honda Recon 250 is in at 434 pounds.
Innovations With the Latest Models
A product that was launched in 1997 the Honda Recon 250, has seen a variety of changes through time. The latest version features a backup recoil start system that allows you to utilize your ATV in harsh winter conditions.
Modern models also come with the most advanced lever for reverse as well as a parking brake lever, allowing for easier and more enjoyable usage.
For greater comfort, while you are driving the Honda Recon 250 at its top speed, modern versions are specially built with floorboards that grip the footrest, without getting dirty from dirt and mud on the way.
Another benefit of Honda Recon is the shaft drive, which allows for easy maintenance and eliminates the requirement for adjustments or lubrication while you’re out exploring the trails.
Honda Recon 250 Tires and Racks
These front tires which measure 22×7-11, and the back tires, which be 22 x10-9 or larger, provide for a firm grip when exploring all terrains such as underbrush or trees, rock soaring, or any kind of terrain or road difficulty.
Also, for those who love to be outdoors equipped with other equipment and equipment, the Honda Recon 250 comes with a front rack capacity of 33 pounds as well as an even larger rear rack that can hold 65 pounds.
This makes for plenty of space for carrying and the capacity for various types of equipment such as fishing, camping hunting, fishing, or a mix of the three.
How to Make a Honda Recon 250 Faster?
Achieving the Honda TRX 250 top speed could be the top priority for many thrill-seekers.
To achieve this, ensure that you install it correctly after receiving the Honda Recon 250. Make sure that your engine is in great shape and has all the necessary fluids.
One of the main reasons your ATV is slowing down can be traced to the condition of the tires on your vehicle. When compared to modern tires, older tires be less able to grip the road, particularly ones with more rough terrain.
One way to tell whether the issue lies within the tires is to place an inch within the treads. If the treads are deep, then the issue isn’t with the tour tires.
But if the opposite occurs and your treads exhibit evidence of wear then it’s time to get them replaced. This way you’ll be able to dramatically improve and return to your original Honda Recon 250 Top Speed.
These sturdy tires made by WANDA Libre Trailer Parts (view on Amazon) can provide the Honda Recon 250 with a good grip over rough terrain. Additionally, their massive 6 ply nylon is resistant to punctures and abrasions.
Another thing you need to examine is whether you have a rev or speed limiter in your ATV.
You can test this by revving the machine as high as you are able to. If you notice an unusual fluttering sound it’s possible you have a quad equipped with a limiter for revs, that prevents you from reaching the maximum speed.
For instance, example, a TRX250 model typically has a Honda Recon TRX 250 top speed of 50-51 miles per hour.
But, if any one or two of these are present in the model, the ATV may only be able to run for about twenty miles an hour.
Maintain your ATV by using The Honda Recon ATV maintenance kit (view at Amazon) This kit includes 2 Quarts of Honda G4 10W-30 Air filter as well as a spark plug, a handy funnel, and a crush washer.
Honda Recon 250 accessories
For the most amazing features the Honda Recon 250 has to offer, you may consider looking into possibilities of installing it, for example:
- Plow and Mounting
- Farm equipment like spreaders, plows, sprayers, sleds, and lift systems
- Seat cover: Design unique designs for your ATV’s style by modifying seat covers
- Equipment and camping accessories If you’re a lover of nature, you should carry on some camping equipment like sleeping bags, tents outdoors cooking, and lighting accessories for your outdoor space to enhance your unforgettable adventure.
- Kits for lifting Lift kits(view the product on Amazon) A lift kit can lift the rear and front of your ATV up to 2″ which will give you more ground clearance. This is beneficial when you want to guard your tires against getting scuffed up by fenders.
Conclusion – Honda Recon Top Speed
Is Honda Recon’s top speed 45-50 speed? If you’re searching for an enjoyable machine that also functions as an efficient pack mule of the sort, look into the Honda Recon 250.
It’s capable of taking you and your gear through the wild wilderness or providing an efficient ride that lets you enjoy the outdoors at a high speed with safety.
How fast does a recon 250 go?
The top speed of the Honda Recon 250 is 45 mph. This rugged and tough machine will get you where you need to go and is a reliable vehicle for anyone who loves to explore the outdoors. Although the top speed is 45 mph, some have reported a bit higher, such as 46, 47, and even a max speed of 50 mph.
Is a Honda TRX 250 a 4-stroke?
The Honda TRX250R was a sport ATV manufactured by Honda between 1986 and 1989. It combined a lightweight frame and good handling with a liquid-cooled two-stroke engine and six-speed close-ratio transmission.
Honda Recon 250 FAQ
1. Is it a Honda Recon 250 4×4?
It is the Honda Four track Recon 250 is a two-wheel drive that stands out for its small size.
2. What years did they make the Honda Recon 250?
It was the Honda TRX250R was an ATV for sport manufactured through Honda from 1986 until 1989. It was a frame that was light and had excellent handling, an engine that was liquid-cooled, and a close-ratio 6-speed transmission.
3. Is it a Honda FourTrax 250 4×4?
In 1985, the Honda FourTrax 250 was a sport/rec quad that was released prior to that “ATV of the century” which was the 1986 Honda TRX250R. The 4×4 was equipped with an impressive 246cm 3-liter engine, rear, and front cargo racks, as well a rugged style. It also laid the foundation for Honda’s line of top-quality utilitarian vehicles.
5. What does ES mean on Honda ATV?
Es is Electrical Shift. IRS – Independent Rear Suspension. FourTrax The FourTrax Honda utilizes this as a general model name for all their ATVs that are utility models in the line-up.