- 1 About the Polaris Magnum 325
- 2 2000 Polaris Magnum 325 Specs
- 3 Engine
- 4 Drivetrain
- 5 Ignition
- 6 Lubrication
- 7 Tires
- 8 Brakes
- 9 Suspension
- 10 Dimensions
- 11 Exterior
- 12 Polaris Magnum 325 Price
- 13 How to Change Oil on a Magnum 325 (20 Steps)
- 14 About Polaris
- 15 Conclusion – Polaris Magnum 325 4×4 Review
- 16 How much horsepower does a Polaris Trail Boss 325 have?
- 17 How much does a Polaris 325 Magnum weight?
- 18 How can I get more horsepower out of my ATV?
- 19 Will bigger tires make ATV faster?
- 20 How do I increase torque on my ATV?
- 21 Can you put a turbo on an ATV?
- 22 What year is my Polaris Trail Boss 325?
- 23 When did Polaris make the Magnum 325?
- 24 Does Polaris still make a trail boss?
- 25 How do you read a Polaris VIN number?
- 26 Polaris Magnum 325 4×4 Review FAQs
- 27 1. How fast can the Polaris 325 Magnum go?
- 28 2. Is there an occurrence of Polaris Magnum 325 recalls?
Polaris Magnum 325: While Polaris is famous for its fuel-injected IRS-equipped automobiles, its four-wheelers with carbureted engines are a cut above the rest.
The standard 4x4s are equipped with power mills that produce strong, reliable power, and are renowned for their ability to respond.
Lacking an independent suspension in the rear isn’t an issue since long-travel suspensions provide the most comfortable and comfortable ride. This is what happens for Polaris Magnum 325.
Its model, the Polaris Magnum 325 was a 300-class ATV Polaris was launched as a response to the increasing utility-rec segment.
It came with the drum shift transmission that was automatic as well as rugged style, and a long-travel suspension. The wheeler featured a 7-year production run. It was available in the years 2000 and 2006.
Despite its limited production, it was a popular model. Polaris Magnum 325 became well-known for its unrelenting power, speed, and endurance – from soft dunes to the roughness that is the technical trail.
These are the exact reasons why the vehicle has held its value today. Take a look and let this article provide you with more information about this four-wheeler that is a utility.
About the Polaris Magnum 325
The Polaris Magnum 325 is a utility all-terrain car that was made available to the general public in 2000 until 2006, together with its Trail Boss and Xpedition lineups.
Contrary to the Sportsman, however, it didn’t have the longest time within the ATV scene.
However, it was the most popular 4×4 to use to hunt and haul earlier in the day, prior to the introduction of big-bore monsters equipped with motorized control and fuel injectors that were electronic.
The Magnum’s price starts at $4,299 the Magnum was a hit with those who prefer a big bike that could serve as an efficient workhorse as well as an enjoyable daytime rider.
It is also ideal for those who are experienced riders who have outgrown their baby quads but need to get more experience riding on a 500cc machine.
The Magnum’s capacity to haul was enormous in comparison to its size, making it a perfect companion for farms for work as well as running errands.
While some people were not keen on the extra weight, it was a welcome relief for those who needed more stability from their wheels.
The earlier models were part of Polaris Magnum 325. had dry-sump Lubrication, a 31-mm Mikuni carburetor, and 324-cm3 displacement for the engine.
Three years after its introduction the model was changed to wet-sump lubrication with wet-sump, 34-mm, and 329 cubic centimeters.
While these modifications were designed to solve the vehicle issues that led to the recall in 2003 and the subsequent recall, they led to an increase in power output as well as a more open inflow of air for the. Furthermore, the transmission was modified to a drum-shift model with a park setting that allowed for more efficient shifting and increased overall capability of maneuverability.
2000 Polaris Magnum 325 Specs
Magnum 325 uses a four-stroke air-cooled (with an engine with a fan-driven stage 3 cooler for oil) single-cylinder unit. It has an irrational bore-stroke ratio of 78 millimeters x 68 millimeters (3.07 3.07 inches x 2.68 inches).
The engine’s displacement is 324 cubic centimeters (19.77 in3) with the compression ratio of 9.2:1 produced by a 31-mm Mikuni BST carburetor.
It features dry-sump lubrication and the valve clearance is 0.006/0.006I @ TDC for compression.
The fuel tank’s capacity can be 3.75 US gallons (14.2 Liters) of unleaded gasoline, with an optimum PSN rating of either 85 (oxygenated) or the equivalent of 89 (non-oxygenated).
Dual-sensing Polaris Variable Transmission with a one-way clutch and E-Z shift control. Polaris Magnum 325. A shaft drive primary system controlled by a 520 O-ring chain transmits energy from the motor to wheels.
The gearshift can be operated with left feet using the pattern H/L/N/R. It was the Polaris 325 Magnum was the only 300-class ATV at the period with shaft drive, and also offered choices for 4WD or 2WD.
Magnum 325 has a Capacitor Discharge Ignition (DC-CDI) electric start system that includes an auxiliary manual recoil starter.
It features an ignition speed of 30deg+2deg BTDC at 5,000 RPM and an output from a triple-phase charging system alternator with 200 Watts.
A 14 Ah 12V 210-CCA battery is the sole power source for the quad. This battery needs an NGK BKR6E spark plug that has an opening that is 0.036 inches (0.9 millimeters).
The current 14AH-BS (view the full list on Amazon) versions work for 2000-2002 Polaris Magnum 325 4×4 and 2×4 models.
The engine oils capacity can be 2 US quarts/1.9 Liters. For the best results, you should make use of Polaris SAE 0W-40 Synthetic Engine Lubricant (without molybdenum additives) or the equivalent. Make use of Polaris premium synthetic gear Case Oil for transmission and DOT 3 premium brake fluid for brakes.
The front steel wheels of the 325 are fitted with 24 8-12 tires The rear wheels have 24 inches 11.5-10 tires. The recommended tire pressure differs between the front and rear knobbies . 4 psi/27.58 kg (0.28 kg/cm2) on the front, and 3 psi/20.68 kg/cm2 on the rear.
(0.21 kg/cm2). For reference, you should replace your tires when you see treads that are 1/8 inches (3 millimeters) and less. Use 4 x Wheel Spacers of 156 (view the item on Amazon) in order to guarantee the correct installation of taller tires.
This disc brake setup features one lever for the front hydraulic disc brake, as well as an electric back disc brake hydraulic.
To increase the lifespan of the brake components’ service life, conduct periodic inspections on Polaris Magnum 325 parts for leaks of fluid, excessive travel, or spongy feeling or looseness. (TIP Tip: The friction material of the brake pad’s thickness is often the primary sign of damage or wear).
Inside the Gen IV body frame is the MacPherson Strut (view on Amazon) Front suspension A-arm featuring 6.7 inches (170 millimeters) of travel, and an adjustable swingarm back suspension, which is powered by gas mono-shocks as well as 6.5 inches (165 millimeters) in travel.
This suspension model, when paired with the wheelbase that measures 49.75 inches (1,264 millimeters) contributes an overall turn radius of 5.42 feet (165 centimeters) that allows for better turning angles and cornering angles.
Its dimensions for Polaris Magnum 325 are 81 dimensions of 46 x 46 inches (2,057 1168 x 1168 millimeters, L * W * H) with a distance at 7.25 inches (1,842 millimeters). The seat height of 34 inches.
The dry weight for the vehicle is 574 pounds (260.5 kg) for models with 2×4 wheels and 620 pounds (281.4 kg) for 4×4 models.
GVWR can be as high as 1,125 pounds – a mix of 605/651-lb curb weight an overall rack weight of 270 pounds (122.5 Kg) as well as cargo and other accessories, and the weight of the rider. Towing and hitch tongue capacity are at 850 pounds and 30 pounds each.
The 325 shells are comprised of a frame made of steel and plastic body material available in Bonnie Blue, Silver Metallic, Black, Forest Green, Hunter Orange.
Additionally, there are Mossy oak New Breakup trims standard with hand grips, rear, and front fenders, handlebars, and fenders, as well as full floorboards, CV boot covers, and body-matching springs as well as rims (rims can be coated in aluminum). A ZAK 5500lb Powersports Winch (view the item on Amazon) is an essential accessory when you plan to make the most of the towing capacity of your vehicle.
Polaris Magnum 325 Price
The MSRP for the Polaris 325 Magnum ranged from $4,299 to $5,649based on the trim year and model. The price of the vehicle did not change regardless of the Magnum 325’s growth in power and displacement since 2003.
The price of the base model did not include any of the accessories one could purchase from a dealer. For an exhaustive list of the list price as well as average retail prices and trade-in prices check out the following table:
|Model Year & Trim||List Price||Retail/Trade-in|
|2000 Polaris Magnum 325 2×4||N/A||$280 – $1,865|
|2000 Polaris Magnum 325 4×4||N/A||$295 – $2,299|
|2001 Polaris Magnum 325 2×4||$4,599||$750 – $1,855|
|2001 Polaris Magnum 325 4×4 Silver||$5,399||$875 – $1,150|
|2001 Polaris Magnum 325 4×4 Mossy Oak||$5,599||$895 – $2,030|
|2002 Polaris Magnum 325 2×4||$4,599||$795 – $2,625|
|2002 Polaris Magnum 325 4×4 Silver||$5,399||$945 – $2,079|
|2002 Polaris Magnum 325 4×4 Mossy Oak||$5,599||$960 – $2,175|
|2003 Polaris Magnum 330 2×4||$4,299||$835 – $2,110|
|2003 Polaris Magnum 330 4×4||$5,099||$985 – $1,295|
|2003 Polaris Magnum 330 4×4 Mossy Oak||$5,299||$960 – $2,330|
|2004 Polaris Magnum 330 2×4||$4,399||$845 – $2,205|
|2004 Polaris Magnum 330 4×4||$5,199||$1,025 – $1,350|
|2004 Polaris Magnum 330 4×4 Mossy Oak||$5,399||$1,050 – $2,435|
|2005 Polaris Magnum 330 2×4||$4,449||$975 – $2,330|
|2005 Polaris Magnum 330 4×4||$5,249||$1,145 – $1,505|
|2005 Polaris Magnum 330 4×4 Mossy Oak||$5,599||$1,235 – $2,575|
|2006 Polaris Magnum 330 4×4||$5,299||$1,345 – $2,770|
|2006 Polaris Magnum 330 4×4 Mossy Oak||$5,649||$1,455 – $1,915|
It is possible to expect pre-loved Magnums priced at $1000 and over to be in great condition, and some are only utilized for errands at the park or to inspect the animals at the farms.
Certain models have new batteries and come with helmets and the 54-inch snow blade. Some have not been used off-pavement, or on trails.
Incredibly, the majority of units that are listed on auction and trader websites have 2002 versions. Reasons, why owners have sold the quads, are due to the starter not working at all times, the wheels spinning, without the motor spinning without power steering, and the 4×4 being not used as often as it was prior to.
These issues, however, shouldn’t stop you from buying the 2002 Magnum. Check for any hidden flaws. Also, ask about any modifications that have been made to the vehicle.
How to Change Oil on a Magnum 325 (20 Steps)
To assist novice owners (or those who’ve misplaced their manuals for service) Here are the steps for how to do proper oil and filter changes for your vehicle:
1. Put the Polaris Magnum 325 on a smooth surface. The engine should be running for about 3 minutes to warm up and make the oil flow easily. The engine should stop after that.
2. Cleanse the drain plug on the base of the tank, which is on the left-hand side of the vehicle.
3. Before removing your drain plug put the drain pan underneath the tank. Be sure not to let the oil touch your skin, causing severe burns because the oil could be hot.
4. Let the previous motor oil completely drain.
5. To ensure that the sealing surfaces are clear of dirt and free from scratches or burrs, replace the washer that seals the drain plug.
6. Put the drain plug back in and increase the torque up to 14 Ft-lbs (19 Nm).
7. Remove the bolt or clamp and take off the oil hose from the fitting at the lower part of the oil tank.
8. Take the screen fitting off and thoroughly clean it. Apply Loctite(TM) PST 505, or any other similar pipe thread sealant, or PTFE sealing tape to remove threads that are free of oil.
9. Fit the fitting to your screen, and tension it up to 14-17 ft-lbs (19-23 Nm).
10. The same way, connect the oil hose into the screen fitting. Tighten your clamp until it is the tightest setting of 25 in-lb/2.08 Ft-lbs (2.82 Nm).
11. To take off the oil filter to clean it, put a towel under it, then turn it counterclockwise with an oil wrench.
12. Clean the surface of the crankcase filter using a dry and clean cloth.
13. The O-ring should be lubricated with an oil film. Make sure it is still in excellent shape.
14. Then, you can install the new filter and rotate it with your hands until the gasket for the filter touches the surface of sealing. If it does, rotate it by hand for another half turn.
15. Be sure to eliminate the engine oil that is within the crankcase. For this to be done, you must remove the drain plug located on the lower left side of the case.
16. The crankcase drain plug should be torqued up to 14 Ft-lbs (19 Nm) for reinstallation.
17. After the old oil has been gone from both the crankcase and tank remove your dipstick. Add 2 quarters (1.9 Liters) of SAE Polaris Premium 4 synthetic oil.
18. After that, put the gear selector into neutral, and then adjust your parking brake.
19. Switch on the engine and allow it to idle for between one and two minutes in order to allow the new oil to circulate into the system.
20. Stop the engine and look for leaks. If none are found then recheck the oil level on the dipstick, and make sure to add oil as needed. The level of oil should be above the upper line on the dipstick. Then, dispose of the filter that was used and the oil.
Polaris Inc. is an American company known around the world for the birth of the snowmobile business in 1954. The company that makes Polaris Magnum 325 P has the most comprehensive lineup of all-terrain vehicles of all manufacturers.
Since the company began manufacturing motorcycles and off-road vehicles, the company continues to use its top-quality manufacturing methods in its current offerings. The most notable of its ATV contribution is the automatic transmissions, Independent Rear Suspension (IRS), and Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI). So far, Polaris continues to introduce the market to cutting-edge technology.
Conclusion – Polaris Magnum 325 4×4 Review
Many believe they believe that Polaris Magnum 325 can be considered one of the pioneers of the latest innovations in Polaris the design and chassis as well as the suspension and engine brake system. I couldn’t agree more.
Because of the flaws inherent of earlier models, such as that of Magnum, Polaris was able to refine and ultimately improve its production of ATVs and UTVs, thus becoming an entity to reckon with.
This 330-class monster is no longer being manufactured but its legacy lives on to be carried on by modern-day four-wheelers.
How much horsepower does a Polaris Trail Boss 325 have?
Based on Dyno test results, the maximum output of power of this quad has been 19 HP (18.7 BHP), and the top speed is different. The 2001 Polaris Trail Boss 325 gives not more than 45mph (72.4 kph) in comparison to a 2005 model is said to reach 53mph (85.3 km/h) in good condition.
How much does a Polaris 325 Magnum weight?
Dry weights are 574 pounds (260.5 Kilograms) for models that are 2×4 and 620 pounds (281.4 kg) for 4×4 models; GVWR can go up to 1,125 pounds – an amalgamation of 605/651-lb curb weight, an overall rack weight of 270lbs (122.5 Kg) including cargo and accessories, as well as the weight of the rider. The towing and hitch tongue capacities are 850 pounds and 30 pounds per.
How can I get more horsepower out of my ATV?
Tips to Optimize ATV Performance:
- Limiter screw for throttle.
- New grips.
- Make sure you are using the latest gas technology.
- ATV bore kit.
- Put a slip on the exhaust.
- Check the tire pressure.
- Look after yourself.
Will bigger tires make ATV faster?
So long that the ATV is equipped with the capability to keep pace with a larger tire, it can increase the top speed at least theoretically. When the rate rises, so do drag and wind resistance. Smaller and smaller ATVs may not always have enough power to speed up over the point they are.
How do I increase torque on my ATV?
The most effective way to boost the horsepower and torque on your motorcycle can be to turbocharge your engine. Turbocharging is when more pressurized air is pumped into the engine. This is also a sign that more fuel gets burned.
Can you put a turbo on an ATV?
Turbo Charging Your ATV
If you’re looking to get more power and speed from the ATV you own, turbocharging can be one of your most effective alternatives. There is more to turbocharging than just speed.
What year is my Polaris Trail Boss 325?
When did Polaris make the Magnum 325?
Does Polaris still make a trail boss?
2022 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Trail Boss * $21,299
HEAVY-DUTY CAPABILITY. PREMIUM REFINEMENT. This RANGER XP 1000 Trail Boss has every feature of the XP 1000 plus capability upgrades with 29″ tires and high clearance arched A-arms, and self-levelling suspension that gives more ground clearance.
How do you read a Polaris VIN number?
Polaris vehicles employ the standard industry practice of having a VIN number 17
- Digits 1 – 3: The name of the manufacturer for the automobile.
- Digits 4-8: Vehicle characteristics.
- Digit 9: Check digit.
- Digit 10: Model Year.
- Digit 11: Plant code.
- Digits 12-17 Numbers that are sequential.
Polaris Magnum 325 4×4 Review FAQs
1. How fast can the Polaris 325 Magnum go?
There isn’t a specific, advertised top speed for this quad. However, based on the exchanges on Polaris forums on the internet, it appears that the Polaris Magnum 325 can reach the range of 39 to 55 speeds. These figures are believed to be from bone stock models. If you’d like something more by adding performance modifications, it could bring you an extra 3-4 miles per hour.
2. Is there an occurrence of Polaris Magnum 325 recalls?
It is reported that the US Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls 56,000 Polaris ATVs in 2003 – which included 2001 and 2000 Polaris 325 Magnums – due to leaky clamps for the oil cooler which released hot, pressurized oil, which could result in fires and burns to the skin, engine malfunction or even a fire risk. Around 1,290 warranty claims along with 20 minor accidents were attributed to this issue. It is expected that Polaris dealt with this issue via modifications to the 2003 and later year Magnum 325 models.