- 1 The TrailMaster The TrailMaster
- 2 TrailMaster MB200-2 Mini Bike Specs & Features Engine
- 3 Drivetrain
- 4 Ignition
- 5 Brakes and Tires
- 6 Suspension
- 7 Dimensions
- 8 Exterior
- 9 What is it worth?
- 10 TrailMaster MB200-2: The Pros and Cons
- 11 Pros:
- 12 Cons:
- 13 Trail Bike Improvements
- 14 About CKM
- 15 Conclusion – TrailMaster MB200-2: Review
- 16 How fast does a MB200 mini bike go?
- 17 Are mini bikes street legal?
- 18 What is the fastest mini bike?
- 19 Does Honda still make mini bikes?
- 20 Can adults ride pocket bikes?
- 21 Do I need to register my Coleman mini bike?
- 22 Are mini exercise bikes good for knees?
- 23 Should I buy a mini exercise bike?
- 24 What is the smallest bike that Honda makes?
- 25 What is the price of Honda mini bike?
- 26 Is TrailMaster a golf cart?
- 27 How fast does a TrailMaster Taurus go?
- 28 What’s the weight limit on a mini bike?
- 29 1. Are TrailMaster bikes any good?
- 30 2. How fast does an MB200 mini bike go?
- 31 3. Can you Street legalize a mini bike?
- 32 4. Can you drive a dirt bike on the road in Washington state?
- 33 5. Can you ride a dirt bike on the street in Washington state?
TrailMaster MB200-2: Rarely will you come across an imported Chinese motorcycle that could be awe-inspiring on the North American market? However, this two-wheeler with 196cc power has done exactly that.
With its timeless design with rugged appeal as well as its capacity for excitement and fun, it’s there’s no wonder it’s gained the trust of a lot of American buyers. So, what else could be said about the TrailMaster M200-2 Mini Bike?
One of the most impressive mini bikes ever created the TrailMaster MB200-2 has nostalgic styling and a powerful brake and suspension system.
This bike is customized to suit your needs that combine both fun and function and is thought of as one of their top picks.
Some experienced riders and off-roading enthusiasts may find the design of the MB200 to be a little delicate.
But, don’t let its appearance or size be deceived, as the TrailMaster is a full-size motorcycle rather than the size of a minibike. Not quite convinced? Find out all about MB200 by reading this post.
The TrailMaster The TrailMaster
It’s been less than more than a decade since the launch of the TrailMaster M200-2 however it is already becoming popular among smart people who are mechanically adept.
The increasing demand to purchase the Chinese two-wheeler has numerous reasons.
- It’s custom-friendly.
- It’s got that classic 1920s motorbike style.
- It’s a no-brainer to advanced or beginner riders.
As with other off-road and motorsport vehicles that are manufactured in other countries The stigma associated with having a bike such as the TrailMaster can’t be cured.
The bike isn’t the perfect model. Customers are also far from being the one unfortunate one who might receive an unlucky lemon.
In addition, its components require improvement. In spite of these challenges, however, the TrailMaster is still gaining popularity among the off-roading community due to its maneuverability, ease of use, and general good manners.
TrailMaster MB200-2 Mini Bike Specs & Features Engine
In its original form, its Honda-clone engine is powerful and smooth on a dirt road, hardpack trails, wooded trails, as well as pavement.
Its top speed is stated as 24 mph. However, users on forums say it can reach 80 mph if you have the proper engine, gearing, and other modifications (of course!).
In reality, a lot of TrailMaster mini bike owners opt for a 22-mm or a 24-mm carb when making adjustments to the minibike.
The most popular choice can be a Honda GX200 replica equipped with an additional water-trap (optional).
|Engine Type||4-Stroke, Single-cylinder OHV (JF168FLH-8B.09)|
|Carburetion System||Carburetion, 19-mm Honda-clone carb w/ 24-mm air intake x 1|
|Engine Cooling||Air cooling|
|Engine Fuel||Unleaded gasoline of at least PON 90, containing < 5% MTBE (Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether), < 10% ethanol, or < 5% methanol; E15/E20/E85 fuels are prohibited|
|Fuel Capacity||3.6 L (0.95 US gal)|
|Bore x Stroke Ratio||68×54 mm (2.68×2.13 in)|
|Valve Clearance (Int/Ex)||0.15 ± 0.02 mm / 0.20 ± 0.02 mm|
|Displacement||196 cm³ / 11.96 in³|
|Horsepower||6 hp (3.8 – 4.47 kW) @ 3,600 RPM|
|Rated Torque||10 Nm (1.02 kgf-m, 7.38 ft-lb) @ 2,500 RPM|
|Top Speed||24 – 42 mph (39 – 67 km/h) – owner’s claim
45 mph (72 km/h) – downhill
|Engine Oil & Quantity||0.5 L (0.53 US quart) SAE 15W-40, SJ or higher API grade
Alternatives: SAE 10W-30, 10W-50, 20W-40 based on ambient temp
The original gearing will be perfect for those who aren’t speedy or are seeking out massive engine power.
In other cases, it might be necessary to alter the rear sprocket into a 60T. By doing this, you will get a ratio of 6:1 which will allow for more power at the low end and less stress upon the torque converter (view on Amazon).
Some tips to check the drivetrain: Throttle grip-free action should fall within 0.078 + 0.24 in (2 + 6 millimeters). In the same way, the drive chain shouldn’t exceed 15 mm (0.5-0.75 in) in slack.
|Clutch||Centrifugal, counterclockwise PTO shaft rotation|
|Sprocket||(46T rear sprocket, 10T Jackshaft sprocket)|
|Final Drive||Chain drive, 420 O-ring chains, 102 links|
|Gear Ratio||30-series torque converter|
It is equipped with a Transistor Controlled Igniter (TCI) and has no battery. This explains why the headlight on the bike keeps dimming and then losing light as you increase the RPMs.
The most effective and tested solution is to attach a battery box underneath the seat, and then equip your TrailMaster with 12-volt 4Ah/(10 hours) maintenance-free YB4L-A as well as the YB4L battery (view at Amazon).
Dimensions of the assembled unit are 120 x 70 x millimeters (4.75 x 2.75 3.62 inches) 3.62 inches) without mounting attachments and accessories.
|Ignition||Transistor Controlled Igniter (TCI)|
|Starting System||Recoil pull start|
|Idle Speed||1500 ± 100 RPM or 1440 ± 150 RPM|
|Spark Plug||Torch – F7RTC or NGK BP6ES, 0.6-0.7 mm (0.024-0.028 in) gap
Torque specs: 1/2 turn past finger tight (new); 1/4 turn past finger tight (old)
Brakes and Tires
The rear and front wheels are equipped with a 19-inch all-terrain tire. A disc brake is comprised of rear and front sealed mechanical drums, which manufacturers later upgraded to hydraulic discs, which put the minibike ahead of its competitors in regards to stopping power.
The brakes function via the brake levers that are mounted on the handlebars.
Front TireLow-pressure AT19 x 7-8Rear TireOff-road/road air pressure (F/R)34.5 – 69 kPa (0.35 ± 0.70 kgf-cm2, 5 psi ± 10 psi)Front Brake TypeDrum, later upgraded to hydraulic discsRear Brake Type
|Front Tire||Low-pressure AT19 x 7-8|
|Rear Tire||34.5 – 69 kPa (0.35 ± 0.70 kg-cm2, 5 psi ± 10 psi)|
|Off-road/road air pressure (F/R)|
|Front Brake Type||Drum, later upgraded to hydraulic discs|
The MB200-2 is known for its superior ride quality due to its longer wheelbase and greater ground clearance.
After the first year of production, frame enhancements were made to improve its aesthetics and ground clearance.
They went from 124.5mm (4.9inches) to 170mm (6.7inches). Its rear shocks are excellent on all terrain types.
For riders over 200 lbs, it is recommended to replace them with chrome shocks that are slightly higher. TrailMaster owners usually use 10-inch to 12-inch two-way adjustable shocks.
|Ground Clearance||124.5 mm (4.9 in)|
|Wheelbase||1,150 mm (45.3 in)|
|Front Suspension Type||Fork shocks|
|Rear Suspension Type||Swingarm with 10-inch hydraulic shocks|
Since its conception, minor changes have been made to the overall dimensions of the minibike.
The only difference in the minibike’s dry weight is due to changes to its frame that lifted the chassis slightly higher off the ground.
It is safe to say that the TrailMaster MB200’s curb weight and maximum rider weights are approximately 171 kg (377 lbs)
|Length||1,680 mm (66.14 in)|
|Width||769.6 mm (30.3 in)|
|Height||1,016 mm (40 in)|
|Seat Height (Unloaded)||624.8 mm (24.6 in)|
|Dry Weight||70 – 76 Kg (154.3 – 167.5 lbs)|
|Maximum Weight Limit||91 Kg (200 lbs)|
The MB200 looks like an old Harley. It is made of a strong, durable, and easy-to-clean steel frame.
The MB200 comes standard with a rear tail rack, front fenders, and hand grips. There are three color options available for the half-naked chassis: black, red, and blue.
If you wish to make this two-wheeler look more vintage, then you can buy a custom sticker.
What is it worth?
The price of this 200-class wheeler is listed at $949 to $1,245 (sans destination or shipping charges), depending on where it’s purchased. Family Go Karts, Go Power Sports and other big dealers don’t charge shipping fees.
However, not all customers pay the extra fee. If you’re serious about buying this minibike and have the funds to do so, it’s a good idea to act now as many distributors that sell the TrailMaster for less than $1,000 have already sold out.
TrailMaster MB200-2: The Pros and Cons
These are some of the positive characteristics and pitfalls that you will learn about the bike.
- The bike’s overall quality and build are what made it so popular.
- It works great in the dirt, on pavement, on trails, and in the woods.
- It is a reliable after-sales service for a bike made overseas.
- After a few adjustments to the throttle screw, idle, carb, and idle, the bike will wake up.
- It can climb steep inclines without any problems and absorb bumps like candy.
- The motorcycle’s stock brake system is superior to those on mini bikes.
- It is the perfect platform for custom-crazed motorcyclers.
- The comfortable seat, torque converter, front- and rear shocks, as well as the comfort of the seat, make it perfect for trail riding.
- Rubber mounts and insulators are placed between the seat and frame to increase rider comfort.
- The TrailMaster MB200 minibike is a better option than the Coleman CT200U. It also comes with free shipping from some dealers.
- The TrailMaster MB200 has a speed governor, making it safe for children to train (as long as there is adult supervision).
- The factory chain is too tight and the chain tends to slip every once in a while.
- If you ride the minibike hard, the converter belt will wear quickly.
- It can be difficult to retract or spool the pull cord and it breaks quite easily.
- The headlight dims when the engine revs up.
- Sometimes, bolts and handlebars can become loose. This should be checked and possibly replaced with Loctite.
- The TrailMaster is road-legal within 48 states, with the exception of California (it’s not CARB or EPA-compliant).
Concerning chain slack, be sure to always have your tools. A compatible, race-quality chain such as an X-ring, 525 or 525 gold can be replaced with the stock chain. You could also add a tensioner to the chain. The best setup is a DID (or gold-on-gold) chain drive system, which can be paired with an increase in the rear sprocket.
Trail Bike Improvements
The TrailMaster MB200-2 cannot compete with the 224-hp 2020 Ducati Superleggera V4 (who am I kidding? Here are some notable enhancements you can make to your mini bike to increase its power and make it more enjoyable to ride.
- The mini bike is equipped with a 2-inch lift in its back, yellow-driven spring, an auxiliary 2-liter fuel container under the pseudo-tank cover, Emgo 23-924400 handlebars trimmed on both sides, custom paint, Juggernaut driver, Evel Knievel graphics, and a niche X-ring-gold chain. This will make it a stylish, comfortable, 250-lb adventurer.
- A performance kit, also known as. A Stage 1 kit – which includes a larger carb jet, an air filter, and a header pipe – will provide you with a gain of between 2 and 3 horsepower. The following modifications will result in a top speed of 78.5 mph (125.5 miles) @ 6,500 RPM, an increase of approximately 8-12 horsepower, and a new gear ratio at 5.2:1.
- Rear sprocket 60T
- BSP Race Engine Level 5
- 24-mm Mikuni Jetted Carb
- 290/260 CAM
- Champion Rockers
- 37-lb Springs
- 22-cc Full Race Port Head Milled
- SS Valve 27-mm Intake Exhaust
- Billet Molly Pushrods
- ARC Billet Rod .020
- Flat Top Piston
- ARC Billet Racing Flywheel
- To ensure your valves do not float, you will need to replace the factory 10.8# valve springs with 18# springs when taking out the speed regulator.
- You can swap out the 19-mm stock carburetor with a 22mm OEM Mikuni carburetor. It is usually sold as a complete kit that includes a 48mm adapter and 52-inch Mikuni cables.
- A Stage 2 kit is recommended if you require at least 10 horsepower more. It includes a 6619 flywheel, hot.265 cams with 26-lb springs and connecting rods, gaskets, and a 3910X plug. The new flywheel will feature taller fins, which create more drag and keep the engine cooler. While the hot cams will increase the mini bike’s powerband, the hot cams will make it even better.
- Recall that the Tillotson Electric Start Racing engine (usually a 10-hp motor) can permanently solve recoil pull-start problems. To convert your TrailMaster MB200 to an electric motorbike, you may need to install a longer crankshaft bolt or a fully adjustable motor mounting.
Are you feeling ambitious? You can get this beast moving by adding an Ecotron turbo to the GY6 powerful and either an EFI kit, quad-turbo supercharger, or nitrous.
china top King Motorcycles Co., Ltd. (or CKM) is China’s largest motorsport company and the manufacturer of the TrailMaster MB200.
The Chinese company was founded in 1997. It began as a parts supplier and then started producing its own line. CKM’s product range now includes over 100 models and 500,000 engines.
These include dirt bikes, street bikes, and cubs as well as choppers and tricycles. CKM also owns Kainuo and DYK brands.
Conclusion – TrailMaster MB200-2: Review
The TrailMaster MB200-2 mini bike is a motorcycle you will fall in love with. This motorbike is a great choice for anyone who enjoys off-roading or trail riding. It can also be used as a dirt bike, minibike, and even a mountain bike.
The classic, nostalgic design of the bike and its sweet features are a reminder for many adventurers that a great time can be had with just a couple of wheels and a wide stretch of road.
How fast does a MB200 mini bike go?
The MB200 mini bike is the best on the market. It’s high quality and simple to use. You can have an adventure-filled weekend with speeds of 24 MPH. The 196cc, four-stroke air-cooled engine is more potent than any minibike!
Are mini bikes street legal?
Minibikes can be a lot of fun, but most are not allowed to be ridden on the streets. A minibike must meet specific requirements to be legal. After making any necessary adjustments, you can take your mini bike to the DMV for inspection.
What is the fastest mini bike?
The X18-Rnitro ( Race Edition) is the fastest superbike in production. This superbike can reach high speeds with its 110cc 4-Stroke Honda(r) engine.
Does Honda still make mini bikes?
The 2019 Honda Cub retains all the classic aspects of the original. This is combined with innovative technology to keep you safe while on the road. You’ll see why this Honda Mini Motorcycle is the preferred choice of many riders when you get on it.
Can adults ride pocket bikes?
Adults may ride pocket bikes. Although it’s an enjoyable experience, it can be uncomfortable depending on your height or weight. A 40cc pocket bike can carry 150lbs and travels up to 18 mph (29 km/h)
Do I need to register my Coleman mini bike?
California does not require a motorcycle-specific license, DMV registration, or a permit for scooters or motorized bikes.
Are mini exercise bikes good for knees?
It is one of the types that is a mini-exercise bike. It was designed to provide moderately impact indoor workouts. Exercisers using pedals employ the mechanism to build up your arms and legs. They’re a fantastic option to boost your heart’s health and are an excellent option to enhance joint health for people suffering from knee pain or knee arthritis.
Should I buy a mini exercise bike?
If you are older, investing in a pedal exerciser is a significant investment. As we age and get less mobile, bringing the workout we need is often challenging. Mini fitness bikes allow older or less mobile to enjoy an exercise session from the at-home comforts of their homes.
What is the smallest bike that Honda makes?
simple to walk flat on it in parking spaces or at stoplights.
What is the price of Honda mini bike?
Honda Navi has been launched with CBS (Combined Braking System) at $47,110 (ex-showroom Delhi).
Is TrailMaster a golf cart?
How fast does a TrailMaster Taurus go?
What’s the weight limit on a mini bike?
Minibike Weight Restrictions
A 40cc mini would usually have a maximum weight capacity of approximately 150lbs. It can reach speeds up to 18mph.
1. Are TrailMaster bikes any good?
One of the most impressive miniature bikes ever created The TrailMaster MB200-2 has an old-fashioned design as well as formidable braking and suspension. The custom-designed bike delivers thrills as it combines the two and is regarded as one of the top choices for purchase.
2. How fast does an MB200 mini bike go?
Massimo Warrior MB 200 Trail Mini. 196cc Engine. The top speed is 25MPH. Up to 240lbs.
3. Can you Street legalize a mini bike?
For instance, in California and Texas, the operation of mini- motorcycles is banned on all public roads as well as on sidewalks and trails. The legal use for pocket bicycles in the states (and numerous others) is restricted to private property only.
4. Can you drive a dirt bike on the road in Washington state?
As such the definitions, Washington’s WATV and Oregon’s aren’t considered to be highway legal vehicles. As such, they cannot be used on roads that are accessible to highway-legal vehicles only.
5. Can you ride a dirt bike on the street in Washington state?
Dirt bikes aren’t streets legal within Washington and can be permitted in private properties only when the owner permits them.